- Drag and drop items within a group
- Drag and drop items between a group
- Drag and drop groups
- Create new groups and drag items into the new group
In doing this, I used a couple Scriptaculous features I hadn’t used before:
- Many of the options in creating sortables to limit where the item could be dropped
- The Bulider object to create new groups
A lot of people have posted comments here asking if there is a way to drag items between lists. Obviously, Scriptaculous has provided this functionality for a long time, but there aren’t many examples out on the web showing how to use it…so my new example page is an attempt to show it off – congrats to Thomas Fuchs for putting together such a useful library that is such a pleasure to use.